302 North Harrison Street – Alexandria, IN 46001
- The Mercantile involved the adaptive reuse of the second and third floor of the former Cox Supermarket building into affordable apartments. Newly constructed apartments were also built as an addition to the building, plus 6 duplex apartments were built on the northwest corner of site.
- There are 26 affordable apartments – 16 one-bedroom and 10 two-bedroom units.
- The apartments are open occupancy – available to individuals and families of all ages and compositions.
- The project also involved the redevelopment of a grocery store in an area that was classified as a rural “food desert.” In the place of the former Cox Supermarket, a new Horner’s Midtown Market now provides fresh fruit, vegetables, meats, and a wide variety of food goods.
- The site is located in downtown Alexandria, Indiana.
For Leasing Information
Contact: Valenti Real Estate Services – Property Management
Phone: (317) 273-0312